Our Extended Warranty
With IBS Electronics and Security, any covered part of your installed IBS system found to be defective will be replaced free of charge.
This can include:
- Heat Sensors
- Water/Flood Sensors
- Low-temperature Sensors
- Smoke Detectors
- Cellular Backup Communicator
- Material and Labor
- Window/Door Contacts
- Motion Sensors
- Glass Breakage Sensors
*For covered services only. Valid only on certain systems which are in good working condition. Exclusively for systems monitored by IBS Electronics and Security and for customers in good standing. Also, if you have a service problem not covered by the Limited Warranty you will receive a discount with Extended Warranty. Extended Warranty repairs will be made Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and must be scheduled in advance.
Repairs made at other times will incur additional charges. Costs for services without Extended Warranty are based on an average.
Extended Limited Warranty
During the period you elect to receive Extended Limited Warranty we will repair or, at our option, replace any defective part of the system, including wiring, and will make any needed mechanical adjustments, all at no charge to you. We will use new or functionally operative parts for replacements. This Extended Limited Warranty is for our benefit only, and may not be enforced by any other person or company. This Extended Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights. This Extended Limited Warranty will go into effect upon the start on your next billing cycle. For service call (1-800-221-5587). The Extended Limited Warranty will automatically renew for successive thirty (30) day terms at our then current Extended Limited Warranty rate unless terminated by either party’s written notice at least thirty (3) days before the end of the then-current term. If you purchase the Extended Limited Warranty after the initial system installation, your system must be in good working condition at the time of the Extended Limited Warranty purchase.
We perform Extended Limited Warranty services only during our normal working hours only.
IF YOU REQUEST US TO PERFORM EXTENDED LIMITED WARRANTY SERVICES OUTSIDE OUR NORMAL WORKING HOURS, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PAY US FOR THE SERVICES AT OUR THEN APPLICABLE RATES FOR LABOR AND PARTS. THE EXTENDED LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY IF WE DETERMINE UPON INSPECTION THAT ANY OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ACUSED THE NEED FOR SERVICE:
- Damage resulting from accidents, Acts of God, alterations or misuse, water leaks or flooding of any kind.
- You fail to properly follow the operating instruction.
- Trouble in a telephone line or due to interruption of power.
- Repairs needed to window foil, security screens, exterior mounted devices or PROM (Programmable Read Only Memory).
- Ordinary maintenance or wear and tear.
- Alterations to your premises; or
- Alterations to the system made at your request, or made necessary by a change to your premises, damage to your premises or the alarm system, or for any other cause beyond our control. You must furnish the necessary electrical power through your meter at your expense to obtain warranty services
- Batteries for all wireless devices.
- Control Panel Batteries will be shipped to a valid customer for them to replace.
- Damaged caused by power surges or lightning.
- Cellular Communicators are only covered for equipment failure due to normal wear and tear, Should provider’s of the cellular signal make any changes to their system that would require changes to the equipment are not covered.
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors are not covered under the extended warranty plan.
- Permit Fees.